Thursday, November 4, 2010

NOVEMBER:D

November!  How you have been awaited...  Only 15 days until HP part 1 comes out...and 25 until GS:DD comes out! 
This is one of the best parts of the school year for me.  In October there's Fall Break...In November, Thanksgiving Break, and in December, *Winter* Break.  In the morning, when I walk to school, the sky is still dark, full of mystery...and the street is stuffed with cars, distracting and bothersome.  On the 7th, we set our clocks back an hour. I can't wait, because this means that for a short time, I can enjoy waking up at 5 am, and remembering that I get to sleep an extra hour. It also mean's that it will be lighter out when I go walking.

On Halloween, I went trick or treating with my brothers, even though I'm right on the border of being to old to do so.  At one house, a woman asked if we were dressed as hobos.  Insulted, I took off without getting the candy.  We were ninjas...Not HOBOS!  Perhaps she came to this conclusion because my brothers all had beards painted onto their faces... Oh well...
In my Art Class, we have to make a landscape using pastels.  I made one by copying a photo of some red cacti that were in contrast to the deep, blue sky.  Unsatisfied with how it turned out, I asked my teacher if I could make another.  She said yes, and also told me I could make one up myself, instead of copying a picture.
I knew exactly what I had to make....IKANA CANYON!!!  Basically, it turned out just to be a canyon with a rising sun, setting the sky and river ablaze with colours of yellow, orange, and red.  I think it's turning out okay :)

1 comment:

  1. i hope you went as sakura! there better be pictures when i come up this weekend >:D

    ReplyDelete