Monday, April 30, 2012

Still not totally set on one idea....

So, I decided that in my story, the main character is going to move to Oklahoma, to the town where I live, because, I feel as though I will know what I am describing and writing about.  So it will be fictional, with some real stuff in there too.  I don't have much written yet... All I have has really nothing to do with the main plot or anything, but rather just an introduction scene setting the characters mood.  Or something along those lines...
....-"Yeah, you can clock out now..." I squeal inside with joy at my dismissal.  My boss gives me an amused look,yet her glassy eyes reveal a tired and dull mood.  "Thank you!" I manage to tell her before running out the massive glass doors of the ice cream shop.  Today was pay day, and I've made enough to finally buy the bike I've been saving up for.  It's white and sleek, and absolutely gorgeous.  I'll be able to go everywhere in my little suburbian town that exists within the real city limits.  I sprint down the sidewalk, past the nearely neon trees, the last rain making them bright as well as giving them a slightly tropical glow.  Wind bellows past me, giving me some resistance on my way.  By the time I arrive home, I've panting pretty hard, guess I'm out of shape...The ice cream I've been sneaking at work probably doesn't help, but it's just so yummy.. Anyway, my Auntie, old and frail, yet with her will of iron, is waiting for me at the door.  She has a nervous smile playing on her lips.  No.  This stops me in my tracks.  Auntie doesn't get nervous. EVER.  "Dear..." she starts.  I panic inside.  Oh no....Do I even want to know....? "We're moving."  "What?"  I ask incredulously, and it just gets better.. "To a town in Oklahoma."  "WHAT!?" I squeak, absolutely horrified, even if I know nothing about Oklahoma ,except that "wind comes sweeping down the plains", as the play says.

Yep, that's it... my intro..

No comments:

Post a Comment